At Home Loans Today, we care about the safety of your personal information. Details like your social security number, your home address, and your phone number are kept safely in our loan systems so no one can access them except your dedicated loan team. Here are five mortgage security tips you can use to keep your information safe during the loan process!
Make your homeownership dreams a reality.
Take the first step and apply online with Home Loans Today.
- Take advantage of our secure Borrower Portal which allows sensitive files to be uploaded, rather than emailed. Don’t send PDF’s that contain your entire life’s information across the internet! Obtaining a mortgage requires the most amount of personal information than any other transaction. Keep your mortgage security in mind and don’t let your identity get compromised by taking shortcuts.
- Use complex passwords everywhere! Best practice from Microsoft recommends a minimum of 8 characters including a capital letter, a number, and a special character. Exclude using pet names, children’s names, and birth dates. These can be easily found by searching social media!
- Enable two-factor authentication (also known as 2FA or multi-factor authentication) where it’s an option. Other services like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter also have these options.
- Final wiring instructions should ONLY come from the title company, not your loan officer. Scammers are spoofing emails that appear to be coming from loan officers with fake wiring instructions. Don’t hesitate to verify the final numbers by phone with the title company – a few minutes could save thousands of dollars!
- Think before you click! Ransomware emails are running rampant. Clicking on malicious links could infect and encrypt your entire computer. If you’re not expecting an email from the sender, delete it. Alternatively, avoid clicking the link and go directly to the sender’s website and login.
What’s important to you is important to us. We’re dedicated to making sure you and your personal information are protected and these are just a few helpful mortgage security tips to keep you safe. Learn more on our Mortgage Resources page or Contact Us to get in touch with one of our mortgage professionals today!
Ready to learn more?
Connect with our team to experience the Home Loans Today difference.
Why Home Loans Today?
At Home Loans Today, a proud division of FBC Mortgage, our key strategic approach is to prioritize customer value. Saving you money is our top priority – and our approach to lending shows that every day! Through efficient processes, proprietary technology, and aggressive pricing, we gain a competitive advantage over traditional mortgage companies.
We’ll help you navigate the mortgage process, and keep you updated at every step along the way so you know you’re taken care of. Buying a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will make. Understanding mortgages and the home buying process can help make it less stressful, and so can partnering with a mortgage lender you can trust. At Home Loans Today, we’re dedicated to helping our clients finance the home of their dream.
All information presented is for educational purposes only and not intended as financial advice.