How FBC Mortgage, LLC (dba Home Loans Today) Protects You
We value you as a customer and make it a top priority to ensure your visit to our site is secure and helpful.
We protect your personal information online using the following security measures:
- Anti-virus software detects viruses and prevents them from entering our computer networks.
- Firewalls block unauthorized access.
- Encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), ensures information remains confidential during transmission. Data is protected in two key ways:
- Authentication ensures that we know that it is actually you we are communicating with, and prevents another person and or machine from impersonating you.
- Encryption converts data from its original form to a form that can only be read by someone who can reverse the encryption. This prevents unauthorized users from reading the data.
Our web sites collect limited information during your visit.
We may place cookies and similar files on your hard drive for purposes such as security, site navigation, and personalizing your web site experience. Our cookies do not identify you by name or by account number.
Our site may also collect technical and navigational information, such as browser type, IP (internet protocol) address, and pages visited.
This type of information may be used, for example, to alert you to software or browser compatibility issues, or to improve our web site’s functionality.
Here are a few ways you can help manage security from your end.
Protect Your Information
Phishing scammers lure their targets into a false sense of security by spoofing the familiar, trusted logos of legitimate companies.
- Use caution when opening attachments or clicking links in emails.
- Hover over the email address or links to see the full web address.
- Look for generic greetings or information the sender should already have.
Prevent Mortgage Scams
Fraudsters ask for your personal and financial information or for funds to be wired to proceed with your loan.
Contact the appropriate parties prior to taking any action.
Place A Call
Scammers use pressure tactics and prey on fear.
If you think a company involved in your real estate transaction needs information from you, or something you received looks suspicious, call to verify the communication is truly from that company.
FBC recommends that all our customers familiarize themselves with the The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) “Stop.Think.Connect” campaign. DHS’s Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign is a national public awareness campaign aimed at increasing the understanding of cyber threats and empowering the American public to be safer and more secure online. Cybersecurity is a shared responsibility. We each have to do our part to keep the Internet safe. When we all take simple steps to be safer online, it makes using the Internet a more secure experience for everyone.
For more information the DHS’s Stop.Think.Connect campaign, click Department of Homeland Security’s Stop.Think.Connect Campaign.
Last Updated: October 10, 2019